It is with great pleasure that I am able to share with you that I have been honoured by the Queen with an OBE for services to social enterprise and women's enterprise.
Melanie says: "It was a big surprise and I am deeply honoured. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported my work...and hopefully will continue to do so. I believe that everyone can make a positive difference. If we all made just a small positive change imagine what the cumulative effect would be. Let's do it together!"
This is the latest in a long list of awards for this social entrepreneur who only founded WhyNotChange in 2009. Since then her accolades include:
* Prime Minister's Big Society Award 2011
* Britain's Top Role Model 2011
* Outstanding/High Impact Badge of Honour 2011, 2010 and 2009
* Best Social Enterprise Partnership Award 2010
* Appointed as 1 of just 50 UK Female Entrepreneurship Ambassadors in 2011
Plans for 2012 include the launch of:
* WhyNotTender to expand the work we do in helping social enterprises, charities and businesses to win Public Sector tenders
* WhyNotGive to expand the work we do in connecting businesses with local community and charity projects
* WhyNotStart to expand the work we do in helping budding entrepreneurs to get started
* WhyNotGrow to expand our work in supporting businesses, charities and social enteprises to achieve high growth
As you may know Melanie is an inspirational and very popular speaker for a wide range of events. If you would like to book Melanie please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - remember that half of her speaking fees go directly to fund her third sector work