As the sun sets on the Olympic Rings, it marks not just the end of a four year journey of dedication, commitment, significant sacrifice or a journey of personal success or failure, for three Australian Olympians it marks the end of a London 2012 legacy program of "Champions." Their charitable Olympic legacy initiatives were centered on three pillars – charity, community and leadership. Through these they have touched and inspired the lives of others.
Their activities have included:
1. A “Little Champions” Day at Coram’s Fields, (coramsfield.org)
2. A high fashion photo shoot with Award winning Milliner, Steve Harrison and creative “Champions” for Everywoman’s Modern Muse initiative (ModernMuse.co.uk)
3. A “Champion” workshop with Standard Chartered Bank + Champions Mapping for their African Employee Development Program
4. An LA Fitness “Champion” workshop with trainers and a motivational session for young women + a Women’s Community video broadcast for Yahoo Video
5. A personal Campaign shoot for AMREF to support African mothers (amref.org)
6. Medecins Sans Frontieres “Day of Champions” workshop (msf.org);
7. An athlete’s personal Campaign shoot with Amnesty International to support human rights (amnesty.org)
8. Online sale of “Tamsin as a Modern Muse” on Titomedia.com.au to raise money for Coram’s Fields Sports for All Program (coramsfields.org)
It's been a whirlwind week! From start to finish our Olympians have all been incredible ModernMuse volunteers, and because of their dedication, passion and hard work, their philanthropic London 2012 Legacy program has been a success and they have contributed to inspiring with us a new generation of "Champions".
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Australian Olympic Beach Volleyball team for allowing one ModernMuse to join them on their journey. What an honour it has been to be in the company of Champions.