Muses are women in the workplace, either working for an organisation or running their own business, who are passionate about their work and want to inspire the next generation. They are of all ages, social and educational backgrounds, industries, sectors and job roles.
Why Get Involved?
There are personal, social, and commercial benefits of being involved in this project. Here are just a few:
- Gain personal fulfillment when you share your knowledge and experience – you’ll be influencing the next generation
- Become an important part of your community
- Identify new talent for your business
- You’ll inspire other Muses to follow by showcasing your activity
- Join forces with other Muses and make new friends and business contacts in your local area
- Raise your profile and establish yourself as an expert in your field
- Use your involvement to generate PR for you and your business
How to Get Involved
1. Create your Muse Profile
When you have created a profile you will be listed as a Muse.
The more information you give the easier it will be for Educational Associations to find you and engage you in activity. If you don’t want to be contacted and simply want to log your activity you can do that too.
2. Carry out your Muse activity, here are a few ideas:
- Arrange to speak to a group of girls at a local educational association
- Take on a young girl as a work placement
- Instigate a ‘Bring a Girl to Work Day’
- Identify and encourage a promising young woman or girl you know on a one-to-one basis
- Educational organisations are able to create a profile, you can use the search function to find out if any schools, universities or other associations in your area are involved.
3. Go to your account:
- Log your activity
- Write Musings (blogs) about your activity, describing how you inspired young women
4. Do more of the same!
Other Things You Can Do
- friends, colleagues, business contacts
- local educational associations
- local press and other media contacts you have
We have created toolkits to help you engage others about Modern Muse – simply join as a Muse and login, and get downloading.
Result = One million young girls/women inspired!